Our client is a leading global insights and consulting firm, specialising in providing advice and insights to help professional services firms grow and develop.
This role sits in Thought Leadership and Marketing Effectiveness are of our clients business. This is an area concerned with helping professional services organisations to create better, more effective content for marketing purposes. Your role will focus on helping their clients to understand how they’re doing now, and what they could do better.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Thought leadership reviews: Using their established methodology, you will assess the quality of clients’ thought leadership, either pre or post-publication and make recommendations as to how it could be improved
- Writing: Twice a year, they publish a report that ranks the world’s leading consulting firms by the quality of their thought leadership. You will be responsible for reviewing the pieces of thought leadership that make up our sample, rating them according to a well-established methodology, and writing - or contributing to the writing of - the reports themselves
- Presentations: You will be asked to run presentations or workshops at their clients’ offices that are designed to help them understand what good thought leadership and marketing content looks like, and how they can improve theirs. Because your work will often not be checked by anyone prior to being shown to the client, you’ll need to be an expert user of Powerpoint and Word and be able to build persuasive presentations and reports that are evidence-based, but tell a compelling story
- Analysis and strategy: Their clients often ask them to conduct a review of the market for them to help them understand where opportunities exist, and then help them to devise strategy on the back of what that analysis reveals. You’ll be required to do this work
- Client facing work: You will need to work directly with clients to respond to their enquiries, showing an ability to understand their needs and to scope thought leadership analysis projects to meet those needs. You will also be expected to build close working relationships with senior figures with responsibility for thought leadership within consulting firms, and spot opportunities for our client to help them address the challenges they face
- Demos and supporting sales activity: You may be asked to support sales staff by providing demos of their White Space platform and helping potential clients to understand the value they can get from it
- Product development/improvement: You’ll be expected to think about, recommend, and implement (with support from others where necessary) changes to our products, services or processes
- Reviewing: Occasionally we might need you to review, sense-check, or edit other people’s work
Other skills that are required or at least helpful to do the job to its fullest extent from the outset:
● Expert user of Excel, database and analysis reporting tools—including but not limited to Excel tables, look up tables, pivot tables/charts, charting, etc.
● Ability to structure large complex data sets for iterative analysis.
● Ability to build a presentation storyboard and use it to guide analysis.
● Experience of Tableau (or similar) would be an advantage.
This is the sort of person they need:
They need someone who’s analytical, methodical and rigorous, but can then turn into an arch-communicator, capable of informing, educating, and even entertaining, audiences verbally or in writing; all with the aim of persuading them to change their approach or behaviour where thought leadership and marketing content is concerned. You will need to show curiosity about how different professional services firms manage their thought leadership teams and processes, and have experience in an analytical or writing role, including some exposure to, or work in, the professional services industry. Please note that as part of the selection process, they will ask for writing samples such as report extracts or thought leadership pieces.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number:TCthought leadership
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy