Our client is among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 80,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries.Their work is expanding in Europe and they are now looking for a Senior Business Process Consultant with medical experience.
Business Process Consultant
Careers that Change Lives
Our client has in-depth knowledge of the healthcare value chain, as well as breadth of experience across multiple disciplines. They partner with hospital management teams and payers to drive complex transformational change, implement innovative growth strategies, streamline patient-focused care pathways and optimize operations.
A Day in the Life
They offer you a position where you get to make a real difference and work with clients over the longer term, to build strong relationships and effect real change. You are perfectly placed to be able to assess, define, develop and implement real benefits to both hospitals and patients alike. Their roles combine both strategic and tactical elements, with you being involved in all parts of the change cycle. The roles are varied, dynamic and you have the autonomy & flexibility as to how you work and opportunity to shape the offering. They pride themselves on offering good work life balance and compared to working in a Consulting firm the hours are shorter and the travel is less and planned. They are proud that the intellectual challenge is available in abundance and you get to work with like-minded, passionate individuals motivated to deliver customer excellence and drive positive change.
This role will cover Strategic Projects in hospitals across Germany, working in the central Consulting team.
Main Purpose of the Role
You will coordinate consultancy delivery activities within clients and/or lead challenging stand-alone consultancy engagements. You manage and drive full end-to-end transformation programs, operational excellence and pathway optimization projects. You are responsible for quality of consultancy delivery for those programs/engagements and act as the first line liaison for your customers. Depending on the complexity of the client, will determine the level of stakeholder engagement, but it is not uncommon to interface with their C-suite and senior management and understand their most pressing business problems.
As part of your role you contribute to the further development of their consulting service offerings and play an important role in the professional development of the consultants in your delivery team(s) via on-the-job coaching and mentoring.
Roles and responsibilities
- Partner with strategic Hospital accounts to drive complex transformational change, implement innovative growth strategies, streamline patient-focused care pathways and optimize operations
- Influence key stakeholders by developing well-articulated situation analysis and business case for change
- Identify, frame and prioritize initiatives to capture value, and establish road-map and develop actionable plans / project portfolios for immediate improvement and costs savings
- Manage full end-to-end projects / programs and performing day to day coaching and mentoring activities to the service delivery team
- Periodically prepare portfolio reviews of the partnership program with steering com to track status, progress and measure economic value and customer satisfaction)
- Drive implementation, coach and develop local project or staff resources
- Capture learning and best-practices and continuously enrich consulting toolbox
- Identify and build new services and solutions that enable clients to improve outcomes and reduce costs of delivering care
Key areas of expertise are:
- Problem solving
- Project / program management skills (incl. people management skills)
- Healthcare expertise
- Change management skills
- Relationship building / customer engagement skills
- Work independently but according to standardized practices industrialized by the team
- Share and communicate determined best practices actively in the team
- Work together as a team to develop new service offerings out of pilot projects
- Master’s degree in relevant functional area
- Management Consulting experience gained in a firm environment
- Experience in a healthcare environment and in dealing with senior stakeholders
- Strong and demonstrable program management skills: planning & coordinating, communicating & influencing, relationship building, achieving milestones, resolving issues and managing risks
- Strong people management / coaching and mentoring skills to manage and develop talented teams
- Demonstrated ability to operate from idea generation, strategy development through detailed implementation and results delivery
- Experience of how to work and communicate in international, matrix environments
- Excellent English and German (other language skills are a plus)
- Willingness to travel within region and within EMEA (up to 50%)
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:email@example.comTC001
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy