Would you like to help shape the future of a business with iconic products and truly international reach? Our client is a trusted partner of governments and enterprises, bringing trust and authenticity to transactions and products. They build security and value through ingenious designs, novel material conversion and digital solutions.
The Strategic Planning Manager will help drive the development and implementation of strategy across the business. With a remit to refine and coordinate strategy across product markets, functions and technologies, the Corporate Strategy team plays a critical role in determining the future of the business. The team reports into the Office of the CEO and interacts regularly with members of the Executive Team and the Board.
This role will primarily be responsible for overseeing the annual strategic planning cycle, including the facilitation of inputs from sales, product, technology and production teams, as well as corporate functions. It will work closely with finance to ensure that financial analysis and planning are integrated into the strategic planning cycle. In addition, this role will be involved in other corporate projects, such as mergers and acquisition activities (e.g. target identification and qualification), strategic communications, discrete pieces of strategic analysis, and the measurement and reporting of strategic transformation initiatives.
Key responsibilities for the Strategic Planning manager will include;
- You will lead the development of the annual strategic plan, including the review of markets, operations and performance and definition of the strategic and financial plan
- Maintain the key processes, templates and standards to facilitate strategic planning and ensure its integration into related companywide decision-making and operational forums
- Facilitate inputs to the strategic plan from across the business, including market analysis, product roadmaps, strategic pursuits and operational improvement plans
- Work with finance to embed financial analysis and planning into the strategic planning cycle and align it with other decision-making processes (e.g. business cases)
- Structure and undertake research into strategic topics (key trends, competitor activity, best practices) and support key projects (e.g. functional transformation initiatives)
- Manage specific strategy projects and work streams to address key questions and topics that are outside the remit of other teams and functions (e.g. portfolio reshaping)
- Develop clear and compelling presentations, communication materials and other outputs to synthesise the strategic plan and strategic analysis for the Executive Team and Board
What they are looking for;
- Extensive experience working in management consulting or a corporate development environment, combining client-facing work and internal strategy or research work
- Exposure to strategic analysis, strategic planning and business transformation projects, including direct experience of research, data gathering and the preparation of outputs
- Experience in strategic disciplines, thinking and techniques, such as: issue-based and hypothesis-driven analysis, key questions, pyramid principle/structured communication
- Capable of working in (and coordinating) small teams and able to deliver high quality outputs and analysis – including an ability to handle ambiguity and lack of structure
- Highly proficient in all MS Office tools (primarily PowerPoint and Excel) and ability to articulate ideas, data and conclusions creatively in visual and engaging formats
- Degree educated, preferably within a business administration or related discipline
Occasional Travel within the UK or overseas as required but mainly HQ based
Our client offers competitive benefits: pension scheme, life insurance and a share-save scheme. We also offer health and well-being support, for example; private health care, cycle to work and annual leave flexibility schemes and an employee assistance programme. They champion learning and development for all via their Centre for Learning and reimburse professional subscriptions. They also support community giving by matching contributions in their Give as You Earn scheme and supporting an active community programme.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:email@example.comTC001
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy