A career in our Financial Services Audit practice, within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.
Our team helps financial organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. Our clients cover industries within banking and capital markets, private equity, insurance, and consumer finance. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven't. You'll work alongside senior members of the client's management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client's information.
The passion of our people, combined with access to the latest technology, helps us deliver the highest quality audits and build trust in society. We pride ourselves on our global reputation as a trusted place to do business, whilst giving our people access to the best opportunities and lots of variety through your home team, internal secondments and international assignments.
Who we're looking for
Are you a qualified accountant who has recent experience in auditing?
Do you also have experience or a keen interest in structured finance or deals related work?
We're looking for a Senior Associate to join our Structured Finance team.
You'll work on audits associated with asset-backed structured finance transactions and ad hoc, transaction-related due diligence, accounting and advisory assignments. You'll be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of your team's work, as well as supervising and coaching graduates in your team.
About our team
We are a small yet rapidly growing team of about 30 people, sitting in PwC's wider Banking and Capital Markets (B&CM) business.
We assist a wide range of clients, from those considering securitisations or structured finance transactions for the first time, through to experienced repeat issuers. The work we do includes
- Transactions work across different due diligence work streams, liaise closely with our client, their legal advisers and the lead managers on the transaction;
- Audit understand complex structures, assess the required level of audit evidence and manage a team on a day-to-day basis to deliver audit work on asset-backed finance companies;
- Accounting advice assess the impact a proposed structure has on the accounting from the perspective of the seller and the acquirer;
- Advisory help to scope our work to address specific client issues or concerns, leveraging the knowledge of the team and the wider firm
We also actively work with regulators and industry bodies across the world to promote a better understanding of the securitisation and structured finance industry.
B&CM's clients include some of the most prestigious companies in the UK & international banking sector. As one of PwC's largest and most profitable businesses, we consist of over 650 professionals and are based in PwC's More London office, an award-winning building overlooking the iconic Tower Bridge and Tower of London.
Our people are exposed to a wealth of career opportunities, including overseas secondments. We have a busy social and sports calendar, as well as lots of opportunities to get involved in ongoing community and charitable initiatives.
- ACA or ACCA or equivalent CA qualification
- Experience in auditing companies
- Experience in supervising and developing staff
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines
- Keen interest in Financial Services (FS). FS audit experience, desirable
- Strong excel skills, desirable
- Experience in structured finance or deals related work, desirable.