An exciting opportunity has arisen for a someone with a keen interest and background in International Trade & Investment to join our client's team. They are looking for a talented and passionate individual to head a directorate of around 65, both in London and internationally, as we build London’s reputation around the world to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth.
The role requires a proactive individual who can make a significant contribution to the leadership of the company, whilst working on various programmes in the International Trade & Investment team, including the Mayor’s International Business Programme and the Business Growth Programme.
This is a rare opportunity to join a Times Top 100 company, located on the river by Tower Bridge.
- As part of the Executive Management team, make a significant contribution to the leadership of, and continued change management within, the company.
- Communicate and promote the vision, mission, objectives and values of the organisation
- Lead, develop and motivate a high-performing and growing team based in London and overseas.
- Setting the trade and investment agenda in London to maintain London’s position as the world capital of business during the critical period as the UK leaves the EU.
- Lead the sales, marketing and account management function to generate contestable FDI leads and secure them to invest in London.
- Scale-up the Mayor’s International Business Programme to support a larger number of high-growth companies to grow their business through a programme of mentoring and trade missions.
- Build the recently launched Business Growth Programme to support foreign-owned and indigenous London companies to expand and retain their operations in London.
- Lead London & Partners work engaging with leading global institutional investors to secure international capital investment into key regeneration and development areas of London.
- Jointly lead the development and execution of overseas visits by the Mayor and Deputy Mayor for Business, in partnership with the GLA, to promote trade and investment and strengthen London’s reputation.
- Lead London & Partner’s trade and investment response to the UK’s decision to exit the EU and convene and engage senior business leaders to agree a proactive strategy to mitigate the impact of BREXIT by protecting growth and jobs.
- Act as the lead spokesperson for the client on all trade and investment matters.
- Strengthen relationships with business leaders to support trade and investment activities both financially and with value-in-kind.
- Convene and provide leadership to encourage greater co-ordination and partnership working with national and local government and business to create opportunities and minimise duplication.
- Experience of economic development, trade promotion, FDI and/or business support
- Understanding/experience of sales/business development in an international consultative sales environment
- Understanding/experience of working within an economic policy framework (including understanding economic evaluation)
- Excellent account and relationship building skills at c-suite level
- Experience of working internationally and managing remote teams
- Strong understanding of at least one of the key sectors in London’s economy
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability and skills in negotiating and influencing
- Experience of operating and navigating a complicated political environment
- Strategic and tactical planning ability
- Ability to manage complex programmes, projects and budgets
- Experience of building, leading and developing high performing teams focused on delivering clear outcomes
- Managing reputation and risk
- Flexible working environment including remote working and the opportunity to work in our HQ with great views over Tower Bridge
- To join a Sunday Times Top 100 not-for-profit company and a fast paced, flexible and upbeat environment
- To become part of the London Family and do great things for our City
- 30 days’ holiday in addition to UK public holidays
- Generous company pension
- Performance-related pay plan
- In-house training and development opportunities
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:email@example.comTCM100
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy