Our client are open source pioneers, innovators changing the world. Their driving mission: to revolutionise bioinformatics and biomedical data analysis forever. They have a unique genomics platform for unified, secure research over distributed big data. Think best-in-class UI/UX, seamless integration with open-source tools, powerful cohort browser, advanced AI. If you share their commitment to open source, bioinformatics, big big data, Machine Learning, and AI they want to hear from you today.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com TopConBioinformatics
As a Bioinformatician in our team, you will:
- Build required pipelines for batch analysis
- Build and understand bioinformatics pipelines and monitoring
- Provide upgrades, patches and maintenance of pipelines
- Provide professional bioinformatics customer support assistance
- Provide best practices support on building customer bioinformatics solutions
- Engage with clients and keep them excited about products and services
- Gather insights and experiences from every project and client to feed it to the rest of the team
- Help and train team members and collaborators working with products and services
- Keep up to date with best practices and latest developments in bioinformatics data analysis areas
They are looking for pioneering Bioinformaticians to join their team today.
You have demonstrable knowledge and experience in bioinformatics, specifically you have experience in:
- Working with workflow management systems like Nextflow, CWL, Cromwell/WDL and Snakemake.
Or experience working with Python and/or R.
- Experience creating complex workflows/pipelines with many process to analysis large scale NGS data (ie. >10.000 genomes).
Or extensive experience in building Open Source Tools/Frameworks
- Using workflow containers, including Docker and Singularity
- Running workflow over HPC
- Cloud systems (regardless of platform)
- Data analysis on Python, Pandas or R
- Creating interactive applications either through Python, R Shiny or similar frameworks
Additionally, they are looking for candidates who:
- Have strong communication skills, both oral and written, with attention to detail
- Can develop strong relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Are able to organise and structure biomedical information, and be outcome oriented
- Have experience with population genetics, genome-wide association studies
What they offer in return:
- £45k-75k salary dependent on experience, and generous stock options, bonus, benefits
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Mindfulness sessions and Mental Health tools
- Monthly team activities
- Conferences, events and training resources (Data science, AI, cloud, any tech stack, painting, origami, you pick!) - they offer £1,000 a year to each person for personal development)
- International and diverse team
- Exposure to problems and applications in the cloud, data analysis, ML, life sciences and big data fields