To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com TopCon001
Our client combines robust research and analysis of traditional strategy consulting with the creativity and lean approaches of the start-up community to help businesses design and implement new strategies to compete and win in the net zero carbon economy. As a member of their practice you will work closely with senior executives in the public and private sectors on the creation of these strategies, along with a portfolio of initiatives which will enable them to deliver them in rapidly changing markets.
Our client are seeking Data Scientists to join their Sustainability team at various levels from Analyst to Manager. Their goal is to develop, deploy and scale technological innovation to meet the sustainability challenges facing their clients using cutting edge Data Science and Machine Learning techniques, as well as Digital Transformation.
They deliver this through a combination of:
• Advanced Data Analytics & Visualisation — helping organisations understand and gain knowledge from their data
• Innovative Solutions — engineering innovative A.I. and machine learning driven IT solutions from initial proof-of-concept to large scale production services
• Leveraging public cloud services
• Business transformation — upskilling and transforming businesses so that they can continue to innovate and leverage advanced analytics and A.I. techniques in a self-sufficient and sustainable manner.
Potential candidates should have a passion for sustainability, a strong background in data science (including statistical analysis), and a willingness to pick up new skills and work across a variety of projects with clients spanning multiple industries. Ideally you will also have front-end development experience.
Candidates will be considered for Analyst to Manager grades based on experience
You will be based in a London office, however you will have the opportunity to travel for client projects. Whilst some clients are London based, they do spend time on site with regional and international clients. They specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully.
What the are looking for in skills/experience:
- Experience in data extraction and manipulation in SQL
- Programming skills in Python, R, or Java
- Experience in manipulation, cleansing and analysis of structured and unstructured / semi-structured data (e.g. raw text, json, xml)
- Strong knowledge of sustainability and decarbonisation trends covering risk and opportunities, regulation, reporting, plus an understanding of how digital technologies can be applied to sustainability use cases
- Effective communication skills - able to communicate technical knowledge to users and business stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills, Desirable Data Science & Analytics skills
- Statistical Analysis & Modelling
- Predictive Modelling, Regression and Classification techniques
- Deep learning tools and techniques
- Modelling techniques, including climate modelling
- Computer vision and/or Natural Language Processing (NLP) applications
- Data Visualisation (e.g. using Python, Tableau, R Shiny)
- Hands on experience developing with relevant Python toolkits or R equivalents e.g.
- NumPy, pandas, Dask, Keras, TensorFlow
- Preferred Front-End Development skills
- Previous work experience with front-end development
- Hands on experience with markup languages
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org