The Hydrogen role requires the candidate to have a broad understanding of hydrogen production technologies as well as its applications. An understanding of the debate around hydrogen and the role that the energy vector could play in meeting net zero will also be important. Technical expertise as it relates to project development and integration of hydrogen solutions with the rest of the energy system would also be beneficial.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com TopConhydrogen
Candidates must have an extensive consulting experience, self-management skills and experience in project management. Our client is looking for individuals that can combine their Hydrogen experience with consulting skills to be able to offer services to their clients.
- Providing insight and expertise to the work of the Hydrogen Taskforce, leading working groups, developing thought leadership through analysing and interpreting information.
- Develop their consultancy offering in the hydrogen space
- Project managing or leading work streams and delivery of consultancy projects; delivering on time and to budget.
- Ownership of the delivery of contracted consultancy projects.
- Networking and effectively engaging with stakeholders and developing wider business opportunities in the hydrogen space to strengthen their position as knowledge expert.
- Working closely with the hydrogen team and other consultants.
- Speaking at public events to promote hydrogen products and services
- Supporting business development activities e.g. through identifying opportunities, drafting tenders responses and providing technical input;
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with current and potential client contacts; and Operating and delivering within budget and timescales parameter, ideally applying project management methodology.
Successful candidates will need:
- Strong and demonstrable knowledge in the hydrogen sector
- Proven track record of delivering consultancy or projects in the hydrogen sector.
- Proven project management experience.
- Strong presentation skills, including speaking at external events.
- Experience of actively supporting colleagues to achieve their goals.
- Experience in at least one hydrogen application is required including blue production, green production, infrastructure, heat, industrial applications, fuel cells, transport, power.
- Experience of managing workload and multiple priorities to meet deadlines;
- Experience and understanding of the basic accounting models appropriate to projects and forecasting;
- Experience in building and managing client and stakeholder relationships, including key internal and external stakeholders;
Skills and Qualities
- Outstanding organisational and planning skills and attention to detail in high-pressure and tight deadline driven environments;
- Outstanding communication skills, including written, verbal, and numerical and the ability to develop constructive relationships with clients.
- Excellent relationship management skills;
- Ability to anticipate and address problems at an early stage;
- Ability to analyse opportunities, risks & issues on their feet;
- Commercial awareness including proposing & business opportunities, identifying and managing risks to project delivery, effectively conveying and promoting the Company's message;
What they offer:
Competitive salary and bonus
25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
Reward and recognition schemes
Private Bupa healthcare
Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
Matched pension contributions
Season Ticket Loan
Cycle to work scheme
Buy and Sell annual leave
Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
Corporate gym rates
Employee Assistance Programme
Summer and Christmas parties and monthly drinks