Our client is a leading Strategy Consulting firm and they have a focus in this area on the NHS and Public Healthcare.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org TopCon001
This role provides an opportunity to collaborate with the best talent by joining one of the leading healthcare strategy teams in the market. Focusing on public sector healthcare and life sciences consulting, which is a priority focus within our account strategy, you will work with some of the leading NHS and life sciences institutions to help to solve some of the biggest challenges facing our population's health and wellbeing today.
Our client's strong relationships, and the depth and breadth of the skills we bring, mean we have been at the heart of some of the largest and most ambitious developments and programmes undertaken in the sector. The role therefore affords the opportunity for exceptional career experiences and growth within a supportive development environment.
Their work is complex, demanding and challenging, but also incredibly interesting and fulfilling. Our fundamental aim is to help our clients deliver better care and interventions by providing an exceptional service in all that they do.
The Strategy Consulting practice is looking for individuals with experience in strategy consulting or similarly rigorous delivery roles in a strategic execution / transformation / policy group of a leading healthcare or life sciences business or Government organisation, specifically the NHS. In particular, we are seeking to hire experienced professionals to join our growing Public Sector healthcare team.
Their practice is widely recognised by our clients for its insight, expertise and the quality of our work. Their culture is collaborative and supportive of your personal and professional development. Our track record of commercial success and our growth ambitions can provide you with an excellent platform for your career. Joining the team will give you opportunities you're unlikely to find elsewhere. As a Manager or Senior Manager you would join the healthcare and life sciences strategy team, which sits within our Public Sector team, and gain a wide variety of skills and experiences, across a range of engagements and clients. You will be highly motivated and skilled in your field, willing to travel (principally within the UK), and have a passion for addressing the challenges facing the NHS and our other public and private healthcare clients.
They offer a structured career path and invest in continuous development and learning, which matter greatly to us. Our growth over the last decade has been strong and we have ambitious plans for the future: you will find that there is no lack of opportunity for you to develop your career, wherever you choose to take it.
The nature of the work varies but your work is likely to involve the following:
- Strategic options analysis and evaluation: working with clients to understand and evaluate strategic options ahead of key investment decisions;
- Designing strategic business models: helping clients identify the optimum business, organisational, or commercial models to more effectively deliver their objectives;
- Commercial modelling: Analysis of the financial & economic implications of different options, including development of scenarios and stress testing;
- Strategic productivity improvement: helping clients determine where, and how, to reduce costs whilst seeking to enhance quality and achieve policy outcomes;
- Harnessing innovation: helping clients to stimulate innovation, adapt to strategic disruptions (e.g. technology - AI / robotics), and enable more effective policy delivery; and
- Turning strategy into reality: Supporting clients to understand the required change, the challenges of implementation, and adjusting the strategy in response.
As a Senior Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Generating analysis and insight: overseeing the execution of rigorous and insightful analysis to build an evidence base to support strategy development and change;
- Tools, skills and frameworks: developing an understanding of effective tools, skills and frameworks that can be brought to bear on new client problems, and shared as best practice within the team;
- Team management: managing and support junior resources in order to ensure successful project delivery;
- Relationship management: Working closely with senior clients and third parties (e.g. academics) to develop strong professional relationships;
- Liaising with other internal teams (including our Digital Strategy, Innovation, Cyber Security and Data Analytics teams) to ensure the effective application of the subject matter expertise available, and a seamless client experience;
- Continuous Learning: proactively developing your own skills, seeking feedback, building knowledge, and sharing your insight with colleagues;
- Supporting the management of the practice and successful business development, including bid development and proactive sales.
To qualify for the role you will have:
- You must have experience within Strategy Consulting at
- Experience in a strategy, transformation or policy formulation / delivery role in the public sector healthcare and/or life sciences sector; or experience in strategy consulting, with exposure to the public sector healthcare and life sciences industry
- Exposure to strategy, transformation or policy formation / delivery in one or more of the following areas: integrated care; population health management; digital care; future health infrastructure; future health workforce & automation; payment & incentives in healthcare / value based care; or data & analytics.
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience of working on or leading projects which involve strategic decision-making and choice
- Demonstrable experience of managing senior stakeholder relationships
- Ability to think creatively to solve client issues
- Structured thinking and the ability to break down complex issues
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to oversee analysis and generate insights and recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor a message to the audience
- Flexibility to travel
Additional desirable attributes include:
- PhD in a relevant scientific field, e.g. Public Health;
- A clinical background combined with strategy, transformation or policy development experience;
- Experience working on high profile projects, e.g. those including public consultation;
- Experience in analytics in a public sector healthcare or life sciences environment;
- In the Senior Manager role in particular, a strong network in the sector and / or proven track record in sales and business development within a professional services environment or similar.
Please email: email@example.com