Our client focusses on consulting to top-level executives, advising on stakeholder, geopolitical, and ESG issues which have strategic implications. They advise some of the world’s largest companies and engage with international stakeholders at the most senior levels. They believe the future’s most successful energy and resource firms will be those that manage these risks better than their competitors.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com TopCon001
They have two main goals: to provide authoritative, independent analysis on such issues; and to assist clients to manage them in a strategic, far-sighted and responsible way.
Their core team brings together high-level experience working for The Economist, McKinsey, the OECD, Chatham House and a number of major energy and resource firms. Their network of senior advisors spans over 75 countries and includes former senior executives in global companies, former ambassadors, government ministers, civil society leaders and other leading opinion formers. Their Senior Advisory Panel includes a former editor of The Economist, the chairs of Shell and Rio Tinto, and the former Special Representative of the UN Secretary General for Sustainable Energy for All, among other eminent figures.
Core responsibilities of the role:
· They are looking for a senior hire to join the growing team with a focus on leading client assignments for energy and resource companies.
· Their projects fall into two broad categories: (1) working with clients to assess and manage political and stakeholder issues facing their assets, and (2) developing corporate sustainability strategies. This would include both guiding the development of independent assessments of these issues for clients, and also designing practical interventions to help them responsibly tackle key challenges around their assets (e.g. through stakeholder engagement, community programmes and other best practice initiatives). The work would involve coordinating the input of their global network of advisers, overseeing and managing research processes, and delivering high quality outputs and engagement.
· Helping to drive their growth strategy on asset level ‘license to operate’ issues and corporate sustainability by building and maintaining client relationships, identifying new business opportunities, credibly communicating our capabilities to potential clients and ultimately helping to secure new contracts.
· Contributing to their intellectual capital and external credibility in this area including through publications and thought leadership articles, and where relevant, conference presentations.
· Working with other teams on client projects, as appropriate dependent on skillset and availability.
· Managing and developing junior colleagues.
· Significant relevant work experience, with a good understanding of political, stakeholder or sustainability issues facing resource or energy assets and/or corporate sustainability issues, whether gained through in house experience within a resource or energy company (at the operational or group level), or alternatively through experience in political risk consulting, investor/financial institutions, academia, think tanks, civil society organisations, management consulting, law, development work, the diplomatic service, etc
· A strong academic record
· Excellent writing ability in English and strong communication skills
· A high level of proficiency in French or Spanish is desirable
· Understanding of global business trends, political/international issues; direct experience of the energy and resource industries and sustain ability issues is beneficial
· Proven ability to manage projects successfully, under tight deadlines and within budgets
· Proven ability to build strong client and stakeholder relationships
· Experience of people management and working at senior levels within an organisation is desirable
· Good IT skills, including familiarity with MS Office
· A highly diligent and thorough work ethic
· Strong analytical and research skills, ability to quickly grasp and dissect complex issues
· Entrepreneurial and energetic with an appetite for business development
· Personable character and a good team player
· High ethical integrity and commitment to confidentiality
· Professional approach, reliability and ability to meet tight deadlines
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to further strengthen their experience and reputation in the climate and sustainability fields, in an environment which values excellence and entrepreneurship, and which is highly supportive of employees’ professional development.
- Highly competitive salary and bonus package
- Flexible working
- Company pension scheme, private medical insurance, medical cash plan, life assurance, income protection, employee assistance programme, discounts on corporate gym memberships, season ticket loans, 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays)