Our client are a boutique consultancy specialising in business, information and technology, helping their clients transform their organisations and services. From Day 1 we offer our employees a unique opportunity to make a real difference in the work they do through our diverse client portfolio which includes large government departments, not for profit, charities and technology companies.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org TopCon001
Developing their people is at the heart of everything that they do, and we provide you with the space and time to dedicate to coaching and building your skills; we also provide you with the opportunities to continue to develop through involvement in a range of interesting and stretching projects.
This new role provides an exciting opportunity for someone who is numerate and good at handling data, well organised and methodical with strong analytical and communication skills. They think this role could be great if you’re keen to build up experience of working in a digital transformation consultancy, interested in how a business works and can work well with a range of people. They can offer great experience and training and the opportunity to work with a really friendly and supportive team, in areas that really matter. You’ll work closely with their senior team including the Managing Director and Board.
This is a new role, to support the recent growth in the company. You will report to the Managing Director initially, and will work closely with our Leadership Team, especially the Finance Manager,
People Team and Client Leads. You’ll play a central role in our day to day planning, delivery, and the strategic development and growth of the company.
You will be responsible for:
• Gathering and interpreting information from a range of sources
• Managing and organising data
• Conducting research and analysis
• Presenting your findings and ideas
Across the following areas:
• Our work - requests for work, live projects and what’s planned
• Our people – who's working on what, who’s available when, our skills and recruitment
• Our case studies
• New opportunities.
• Internal projects
You’ll be involved in putting together resourcing for projects, analysing trends, maintaining libraries and databases, and preparing reports and analysis for the Board and senior team. Alongside this you will support internal activities across the Operations Team. This is a great opportunity to shape the future direction of the company, and an exciting time to be joining them.
Your detailed responsibilities:
• Analyse their resourcing – track availability and who’s assigned to what across the core and Associate team, identify who’s free, spot gaps, provide analysis and reports, and collate a forecast of days and costs for each project
• Communicate and apply resourcing decisions – share information and key documents when people have been assigned to projects
• Maintain an Associates database, with availability, skills and rates etc
• Analyse opportunities advertised publicly on frameworks against our interests and criteria
• Research new opportunities and new sectors as required
• Build up and manage our bid / company collateral – ask people to provide case studies and store them, build up question banks
• Analyse employee data eg holidays and time off for other reasons, progression through the company etc
• Carry out data collection and analysis for the People Team including skills, learning & development, recruitment, reward and recognition etc
• Review and design operational processes to ensure they are efficient and fit for purpose.
Your skills, experience and personal qualities
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, ambitious, and is good at collaborating with others. You need to be someone who is naturally inquisitive and able to think logically about how to solve problems. You’ll need to be numerate, well organised and good at working independently as well as with other people. A positive outlook, enthusiasm and willingness to learn are essential.
They are looking for someone who:
• Is educated to degree level or equivalent
• Is good at handling numerical data, able to build robust spreadsheets, model scenarios, carry out calculations
• Is well organised, and can keep track of different options and versions
• Can absorb information quickly, spotting the key points and understanding them accurately even when you are presented with lots of detail
• Works accurately and precisely, with very good attention to detail - checking your own work carefully and reliably, and putting checks in place
• Is well organised and methodical, able to define suitable processes and follow processes or procedures carefully and reliably, including when things are busy or change quickly
• Has good analytical skills, able to gather and process information, bring things together to research and build understanding, spot trends and patterns and come up with robust evidence-based observations
• Can explain complex things precisely, clearly and accurately, both in writing and when speaking
• Is highly proficient at using tools like Excel, and is or can quickly become proficient in using other tools like Airtable and databases, virtual whiteboards and document libraries
• Can communicate verbally (eg handling phone / video calls with clients) in a very professional way, coming across as friendly and easy to work with, and being respectful, diplomatic and polite with clients, but also communicating what you need to say precisely and clearly
• Can see things from different perspectives and think about different scenarios or angles
• Has good presentation skills, able to create tables, diagrams, graphs and pictures which convey your analysis and insights clearly and effectively
• Can organise your own time, prioritising when tasked with more than one thing, planning and delivering across both short term and longer-term tasks and small projects, which you would be expected to plan and manage
• Good emotional intelligence skills, including self-awareness, ability to read and carefully observe other people, ability to challenge and adapt.
• Good at building relationships and trust, and working in an open and collaborative way.
• STEM subject (science, technology, engineering or maths), or in an area like economics, business studies or accountancy. Or you might have built up skills in the areas above from working in a research or analysis role.