Our client is a growing specialist research firm which focuses on providing research and insight on professional services firms. In this role you will be working in the interpreting the data they have about clients’ perceptions to make informed conclusions and presenting these conclusions to our clients.
Specifically the type of work that is involved in the role includes:
- Brand benchmarking: understanding buyers’ views of professional services firms, allowing our customers to understand how they’re perceived versus their competitors.
- Message testing: testing marketing messages/campaign ideas with senior executives to understand what resonates, what is credible, what cuts through the noise—and crucially, why.
- Client feedback: talking to a firm’s clients to understand the firm’s performance.
- Researching strategic brand questions (e.g. should a firm launch a sub-brand?) through the eyes of clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysis: Make sense of large amounts of data (both qualitative and quantitative) and tease
out the stories and trends hidden within it. Develop a good understanding of the professional services market, including sector-wide trends and what’s going on in specific firms.
- Data visualisation : Make effective use of data visualisation to tell a story using charts and
graphics. For this you will need to have an advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Writing: Write reports (in PowerPoint or Word format) that conform to Source’s house style
and uphold the integrity of our research using qualitative and/or quantitative data, but
which also shimmer with personality and brilliance.
- Presentations: Create presentations for clients, using proprietary or custom data sets, and
answer their questions. You need to be comfortable using PowerPoint to create engaging
and informative presentations and delivering these to audiences of all shapes and sizes.
- Blogging: Write blogs that entertain and entice our readership.
- Working on bespoke projects: Work on some of the tailored research projects we do for our
clients. This could include designing surveys, interviewing senior clients, or analysing and
writing up the results.
- Project management : Manage the delivery of projects, from briefing colleagues to
producing the analysis and presenting to clients.
- Interviews: Conduct research interviews, typically with either consulting firms or their
clients, over the telephone or face to face. You’ll be expected to take notes, write them up
and process them according to whatever system we have in place for doing so at the time.
- Reviewing: Occasionally they might need you to review, sense-check, or edit other people’s
What they are looking for:
- They need a highly numerate and analytical person capable of working with data that can be
incomplete or imperfect, and who can tell compelling stories from a body of hard data.
- They need someone with an ability to zoom in and zoom out, capable of drilling down into the detail when required while never losing sight of the big picture.
- They need someone with good judgement who can find the stories within our research that matter to our customers. You will need to be creative and have three to five years’ experience doing strategy work in the management consulting industry.
They want our organisation to consist of people who:
● Are generous with their time in order to help each other (and our customers) succeed
● Take the wheel when needed
● Have a positive attitude
● Can always be objective and honest
● Keep an eye on the future
● Are always professional
● Have a sense of fairness
● Trust each other
● Ask, listen and hear
● Are approachable
● Are curious, and who want to learn
● Are constantly looking for ways to improve things (products and processes)
● Develop products we can be proud of
● Have an intuitive sense of what’s important
● Demonstrate leadership by example
● Laugh a lot
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com TopCon001