Our client are a Customer Strategy Consultancy based in Central London. They are enjoying a period of unprecedented growth and are now consulting and partnering with some of the UK’s biggest brands across different sectors.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org
They believe that a Customer-Centric approach to Business is the only guaranteed way to drive sustainable business growth. However, to do Customer-Centricity properly (rather than simply say it) requires a comprehensive and constantly updated (dynamic) understanding of customer behaviour and a clear picture of what matters most. They have a platform which ingests all first-party data, applies a series of business-critical strategic lenses, separates customers into behavioural segments and uncovers the positive & negative changes in behaviour that most impact both the Business and its customers. This capability can be used in a variety of ways – from C-suite clients needing to guide their business and digital transformation strategy; through to CX Directors developing the right experience at every touch point and CRM/Data Directors implementing personalisation capability. And if their clients need help creating a strategy and actioning their insights, their Strategy Consultants and Data Planners plan and support them, working as an extension of the Client’s Team.
As Senior Data Strategy Consultant you are responsible for supporting the Head of Consulting and Principal Consultant/s in the delivery of strategic consulting projects. You’ll be accountable for; defining the data and analytics required to respond to the consulting brief, mapping out the data visualisation and briefing internal teams on data requirements to achieve this. As well as developing data visualisations, you'll also interrogate the data to ensure accuracy and identify the insights relevant to the brief.
You will quickly become an expert, utilising the self-serve data available, as well as using your knowledge to support the client and ensure they are extracting maximum value and benefit.
This role requires strong analytical skills, strategic rigour and good commercial acumen, to understand and respond to client priorities and enable them to make data driven decisions to overcome challenges and maximise opportunities.
• Support the delivery of a Customer Growth strategy and KPIs delivery for each client, ensuring it is centred on achieving the client's strategic objectives and maximising the customer growth opportunities identified
• Lead and/or provide significant support to the Principal Consultant in the scoping and delivery of the growth strategy workstreams.
• Define and deliver the data required to enable a robust strategic response and outputs for these workstreams; brief the analysis/insight/data science requirements to the data team, develop data visualisations and identify the insights and 'so what' for the client.
• Oversee the delivery of the data analysis work, ensuring we are delivering to the brief, while maintaining accuracy and thoroughness. Key to this is being able to critically assess the approach the data team has taken. This includes deconstructing the methodology, questioning specific approaches and problem solving for data workarounds.
• Proactively identify insight to inform and develop recommendations which can drive customer growth and commercial value for the client.
• Support the Principal Consultant to;
o Achieve significant commercial value for the client accounts
o Maximise the relationship with the client team and key stakeholders
o Drive commercial value
• Be a valued member, working in partnership with all people/roles to successfully deliver for the client
KEY EXPERIENCE & QUALITIES
• Several years’ experience working in a data consultant/data planner/analyst role with a deep understanding of utilising customer behaviour and commercial performance data and insights to create strategic customer growth plans.
• Experience of the Retail or Consumer sectors very useful
• Proficient user of excel Is a must, plus any reporting tools (eg Power BI/Tableau) or analytics capability (eg SQL, SAS) is an additional benefit
• B2C experience is essential, with experience in retail, pet healthcare, travel and retail banking experience a plus.
• Highly skilled at defining requirements, interrogating data and visualising complex data and concepts simply, without losing richness or subtlety of what is being delivered.
• A data storyteller, who explains the technical details of data and analytics in a clear and non-technical way to people outside the discipline.
• Sleeves rolled-up approach to work – getting lots done in a collaborative, dynamic team environment.
WHAT THEY CAN OFFER
• Competitive salary.
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
• Group Income Protection & Life Assurance.
• Pension contribution scheme provided by Aviva.
• Top tier Private Healthcare provided by Vitality.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Friendly, open and transparent culture.
• Hybrid working environment - work remotely as well as spend time in the office.
• Ongoing career discussions with individual learning & development plans
Please email email@example.com