Manager/Senior Manager – Talent Team
"This is a great opportunity for ex-consultants who have had managerial responsibility to help drive the “peopleengine” of the most successful independent consultant firm in the world. Due to continued high growth, we want to further build our in-house team by recruiting someone who has strong problem-solving skills, is great at multitasking, creative and has superb people skills. In return, we offer a chance to work with an amazing team of highly motivated
and professionally very accomplished consultants (all from world-class organisations) across multiple offices and for a fast-growing, innovative consulting company. Very limited business travel is required, we offer the potential for flexibility, and office hours are full, but predictable"
Our client is a strategy consulting firm with a deliberately agile approach, bringing our global team of independent consultants together to help clients resolve their most crucial management challenges from strategy to transformation. Their in-house Senior Partners shape and lead every project, ensuring quality, consistency and value. The Talent Team, working closely with the Senior Partners, will craft a team of independent consultants with the optimal skills, experience and ‘fit’ for our clients, supported by our in-house Analysts, and extensive expert network to bring unique expertise.
Role of the Talent Manager/Senior Manager
The Talent Team lead our relationships with our independent consultants and the People-side of their business. Sitting at the heart of their small, entrepreneurial teams in London and Amsterdam, Talent Team Managers grow and develop our talent pool, deliver successful teams for our projects and manage excellent and enduring relationships with our consultants and our broader network. Working with the best of consulting colleagues, they
collaborate across the business, particularly with their Senior Partners and Associate Partners, who focus on developing, scoping and managing the delivery of our projects for clients.
The role of the Manager/Senior Manager is focused on talent management: consultant recruiting, staffing and relationship management. These all present new and intriguing challenges compared to the same activities in a traditional consulting firm.
Talent Team Managers are not only aware of the expertise, skills, and availability of their consultants, but also understand what drives them and in what kinds of situations they perform at their best. And because their reputation depends on the calibre of the consultants on their teams, their Team Managers are pivotal in delivering our winning proposition to clients.
Talent Team Managers can make rapid and rewarding impact on the growth of our firm and on the careers of the independent consultants with whom they work. Working within such a dynamic environment, also provides exciting opportunities for personal growth and development. In addition to their core talent management roles, as part of
our fast-developing business, Talent Team Managers also work with the Partners to deliver strategic and operational improvement projects internally.
They are currently looking to grow our London-based Talent Team, adding a Manager/Senior Manager, whose responsibilities would cover talent management (consultant recruiting, staffing and relationship management) primarily in the UK, but who would also support our business development activities in Amsterdam, as required.
Ideal Personal Profile
- Professional experience, including managerial responsibility as a consultant with a
major international strategy consulting firm or transformation consulting firm.
• An understanding of consulting approaches across strategy, operational improvement, organisation and transformation
• A talent for understanding, connecting with and assessing people – not only in relation to core consultant skill sets, but also in terms of what motivates them and what they love doing
• A strong relationship builder and a persuasive ambassador for new ideas, who is curious about people, empathetic and energised by engaging with others
• Naturally collaborative and motivated to help others be successful
• A creative problem solver, who enjoys the challenge of many variables
• Fluent, structured and compelling communications style, both verbally and in writing
• At ease with multi-tasking and prioritising under pressure
• Committed to excellence in all aspects of what they do
• Creative, entrepreneurial, and motivated to shape the firm as it grows
• Fluency in English is a must
• Excellent competitive salary, in line with comparative consulting firms for relative experience
• Hours/ days: Typically 09.00–18.00 (with an hour for lunch) 5 days/ week (but open to 4 dpw)
• Holiday: 25 days per year (which includes the closed period between Christmas & New Year)
• Bonus scheme: Profit Bonus Scheme & Personal Performance Award (both discretionary)
• Benefits: Pension, life insurance, permanent health insurance (disability) and private health insurance,
Santander Bike subscription, Cycle scheme, eyesight test, season ticket loan,
• Start date: ASAP
• Location: Central London
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org TopCon001