Our client is one of the UK’s most exciting scaleups operating within the logistics-tech space, recently referred to as a ‘Soonicorn’ with over 8 million people having used their services across the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Ireland. They are backed by a world class PE company giving them the ability to truly realise their vision; to build the world’s most efficient logistics technology.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com TopConTech Scale-UP
Technology is at the core of everything they do. It drives continued improvements to their customer and transport partner experiences and minimises their impact on the environment through reducing miles travelled on each and every job. Helping to reduce carbon emissions has always been high up on their agenda and they are proud to say they've achieved carbon neutral status on all of their transport moves.
They are in scale up mode with plans to significantly increase market share and their talented teams internationally. Although they are driven by technology, they know it’s their people that are at the heart of their success. They think big and think differently, and they know good ideas can come from anywhere and anyone.
Their Strategy Team makes it easy for the business to achieve amazing things by defining their strategy as a business, and the plan for the business to achieve that strategy. They take responsibility for strategic initiatives, balancing strategic thinking with a hands-on get-stuff-done attitude.
They are a trusted thought partner to all areas of the business, delivering high quality and practical intelligence to support improvements and achievements across all areas of the business. They ensure that the business has appropriate ambitions, maintaining a focus on where we can create value and ways that we can maintain a high growth trajectory, and we maintain a fast pace of progress within the team.
Joining the growing strategy team means you’ll get a broad range of exposure to a wide range of projects to help them deliver on strategic corporate initiatives. There will be plenty of opportunity to work closely with the CEO, gain genuine commercial exposure and help shape the team and develop and grow into more senior roles as the team expands.
What you'll be doing;
- Work on and manage multiple projects across the business that support the development and monitoring of their strategy
- Lead commercial initiatives, taking responsibility for delivering revenue impact
- Partner with multiple departments to help them establish relevant departmental strategies that align with wider business objectives
- Lead major strategic research pieces and carry out high quality qualitative and quantitative analysis and insights
- Support stakeholders to scope strategic issues, making sure they are asking the right questions, are gathering the right data, and undertake economic/financial analysis to support the decision making
- Use financial and non-financial modelling that generate key insights and foster objective decision-making and align efforts to organisational objectives and drive high value impact
- Providing ad-hoc analytical support across the business as needed, with the broader Corporate Strategy team
Skills and experience we think you'll need to be successful in the role;
- Good experience working within a strategy team preferably within a consultancy or a scale up technology business and a proven track record of excellent performance
- A passion for building great businesses with outstanding communication skills and a collaborative style and comfort influencing and bringing all stakeholders on the journey
- Highly analytical and enjoy problem solving
- Advanced Excel skills and the ability to perform in-depth analysis and to create financial models, reports, consolidate information etc,
- SQL/Power BI/Tableau would be advantageous but not essential
- Comfort working with imperfect data, drawing appropriate insight whilst maintaining an understanding of limitations of incomplete data
- Able to pull insight from data to help drive objective decision making
- Easily adopt change and demonstrates agility and flexibility when direction or priorities shift
They support flexible and hybrid working wherever possible but some roles remain fully office based. Where they can support it, typical working patterns would be 3 days in the office 2 days from home