Our client focuses on news wholesale. This is an exciting sector undergoing major change and transformation where innovation is flourishing, new business models are being developed and strategies adopted. This opportunity could really appeal to a talented strategy manager or consultant looking to make the move into the media and distribution/logistics industry.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role:
Reporting to the Director of Strategy, our client is looking for a commercial and strategy manager to take a lead role in all group strategic activity including but not limited to strategy formulation and execution, analytical appraisal of various strategic options, business case formulation, research and analysis.
They are on an exciting growth journey and has an ongoing requirement to drive its innovation and business development agenda. This interesting role represents a very exciting opportunity to play a significant part and add great value to their business.
• Provide accurate, clear and objective analysis to support strategic and business development activities ensuring comprehensive analysis is undertaken and clearly presented.
• Completion of scenario and options assessments, developing comprehensive business cases and assessments which are accurate, logical and relevant.
• Providing the analytical support and option appraisal activity to support strategy and business development activity
• Working with the business to support on strategy formulation and deployment
• Researching and appraising relevant external activity to support their growth ambition
• Help make decisions and implement enhancements to the Groups strategy, productivity, performance, and long-term profitability.
• Drive initiatives forward taking a consultative and collaborative approach, one which is supported by detailed research and analysis
• Undertake quantitative and qualitative assessments as appropriate, to support the development of evidence-based strategy
• You’ll ideally have previous experience providing strategic analysis within a corporate or consulting, and have strong leadership experience
• Previous background could be either strategy consulting or from Big 4 / mid-tier practice backgrounds providing strategic insight, analysis and consultancy
• Highly analytical, commercial and strategic background with an inquisitive and forward thinking nature - always challenging current methods and actively looking at ways to perform activities more efficiently.
• Strong understanding of financial statements, accounting terms and practices along with the ability to think beyond immediate requirement to foster future innovation.
• Highly articulate with credibility and gravitas to work effectively in multi discipline teams to foster strong partnerships across the business
• A strong customer service approach with excellent levels of engagement and influence with Senior leadership teams across the business
• A results-driven approach to work, proven personal initiative and an ability to work proactively and with a strong sense of urgency
• Organised and a confident communicator able to bring clarity to complex issues and build consensus behind strategic ideas.
What they can offer you
• Opportunity to have a major impact on the strategy direction of a major business, and to develop innovative new services
• Work with a highly talented and experienced team with a positive culture and ethos
• Competitive salary and bonus
• Generous pension scheme
• Car Allowance
• Life assurance at x2 your annual salary
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
• Sharesave Scheme
• Cycle to work
• Tastecard enrolment
• Heath cash plan
• Leisure discounts; Gym, holiday, Theme Parks
• Colleague Assistance Programme