Our client is one of the worlds leading Energy companies, which are undergoing a major shift to Net Zero and Renewables. The Future Organisation Effectiveness (FOE) Lead will deliver on large scale organisational design and effectiveness initiatives. They will work with the organisation leadership on major transformation initiatives for the organisation, linking all the component parts of human capital, the new strategy and CAPEX to ensure that as leaders continue to run the organisation of today whilst designing the organisation of the future. The client is seeking to derive from this new Centre of Expertise (CofE), a clear line of sight to the impact of organisational design changes and how they fit into the whole ecosystem of the company as an integrated energy company. The emphasis will be on activating and embedding the new operating model and on how they evolve towards new ways of working as opposed to focussing on just boxes and lines.
The Future Organisation Effectiveness Lead will be able to guide leaders across the enterprise on how to break down ‘old world’ organisational models (proprietary structures/closed/requiring heavy lifting) and create new world organisational models (agile and adaptable, collaborative and customer centric). They will also be an active user of data and insight, in addition to being a strong agile practitioner; the development of organisational agility is a critical component of theirs. This is an exciting opportunity to apply the latest advanced organisational effectiveness techniques to deliver on a highly complex organisational re-design. In this role, the successful candidate will be operating at unparalleled scale and in new, non-traditional environments at the forefront of their strategic shift to be carbon neutral by 2050.
The Future Organisation Effectiveness (FOE) Lead will create strong relationships at the most senior levels of the organisation – understanding their existing business models, how they are currently connected, and taking leaders on a journey to understand what their future operating models will now need to look like. The successful candidate will be joining at a crucial time when the client is pivoting to become an integrated energy company. As the company transforms, the development of organisational agility is a critical component in the achievement of these aims. This is an exciting opportunity to apply the latest advanced organisational effectiveness techniques to deliver on a highly complex organisational re-design. In this role, the successful candidate will be operating at unparalleled scale and in new, non-traditional environments.
This is a senior organisation design and effectiveness role will play a key role in ensuring an end-to-end approach to organisation design and in building a centre of excellence for the next phase of their reinvention.
• Lead and deliver large-scale organisation design projects across the company focused on activating and embedding the new operating model
• Understand and diagnose organisation effectiveness and health issues
• Develop pragmatic, effective interventions to improve the effectiveness of the new operating model
• Challenge conventional thinking and work to build collaborative solutions across organisation design and effectiveness
• Lead, influence and persuade individuals, teams and functions while gaining consensus for change initiatives
• Build organisation design and effectiveness capability across the organisation focusing on transferring skills to colleagues and business leaders
• Partner with people analytics to measure the ongoing organisational effectiveness and health of entities
• Partner with agile transformation team to design in agility to organisational structures
• Bring best practice, practical OD tools and approaches
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with leading technology and data suppliers
• Develop, control and monitor capability on an enterprise-wide basis, informed by zero-based techniques
• Will bring an understanding of how to apply OD/OE in a large, complex, international environment, working with numerous stakeholders and a rapidly evolving business model
• Critically, will have an applied mindset – experience of developing and applying change methodology to large, global and complex organisational environments
• Experience of implementing a new OD and making it work, not just in designing it
• Pioneering approach to organisational design, demonstrating sound knowledge of the latest techniques and technologies, including design and systems thinking as necessary
• Leadership of expert teams – accomplished team management, leadership and interpersonal skills with experience in influencing at a senior level
• Must bring experience at the “harder” end of organisational effectiveness, specifically in organisation design, but will also have broader exposure to the human capital consulting portfolio and will understand the interplay with talent, leadership, learning and culture
• Will also be heavy users of data and insight to inform decision making and will understand how to leverage expertise in this domain
• Understanding of agile methodology and application in business environments
• Understanding of the organisational design implications of acquisitions, divestments, mergers and Joint Ventures
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com